Instead of having three different apps to connect your Canto account to Adobe Creative Cloud, we've consolidated all into one app. If you previously had the old Canto InDesign or Photoshop Plugin, you will need to uninstall it.
How to Install
The installation process is the same for both macOS and Windows.
1) Make sure your Adobe Creative Cloud is closed during the process.
2) Go to the following link: https://exchange.adobe.com/creativecloud.details.103079.canto-adobe-connector.html
3) Click Free:
4) Once you see the Green Check Mark the extension will be downloaded and you should be able to access the plugin in Extension in your Adobe apps:
Download/Install another way and follow the steps on the browser.
5) Select View My Exchange:
6) Select Sync Extensions:
1) Admins would need to grant permission to use the Canto Connector enabled for each user.
2) A Canto admin can activate it by going to Settings > Users & Groups > Users:
3) Afterward, the person working with Adobe needs to go to Window > Extensions and open Canto Connector:
4) Input your Canto Account URL (e. g. MyCantoURL.company.com) followed by your Tenant ID (e. g. MyCantoURL), Canto username and Canto password. In the next step, allow access to your Canto account:
How to Use
3) After selecting the required folder, click on the arrow to pull out the window to access all the files within the folder:
4) You may also do a Global Search by selecting the magnifying glass and filter your files by keyword, tags, and file status.
5) With the tab opened, you are able to hover over an asset and click on the circle in the top right-hand corner of the asset to select it. You are able to select multiple files. You can select Place as Layers or Add as Files:
6) Note: files inserted from Canto will be downloaded to your local machine in the Documents / Canto folder.
Detailed Single Asset View
- Insert selected asset as a layer
- After you save your file locally, you may upload it back to Canto as a New Version of the original asset
- Or you may upload the edited asset as a new file in your Canto library
- Browse your computer to locate the file you want to upload into Canto
- Upload the asset into your Canto library