After installing our Canto Adobe Connector you might experience connection issues.
A blank login screen within the extension window in your Adobe application is an indicator for such an issue.
This is how it's supposed to look like after installing the Canto Adobe Connector:
If the Canto Adobe Connector window appears blank (below), you need to delete Connector's cache folder:
To do so, simply delete the canto folder in the below directory:
Another reason why your Canto Adobe Connector window might be blank is a connection issue. This issue is caused by at least one of the following safety measures:
- A proxy server prevents communication between the extension and your Canto account
- A firewall prevents communication between the extension and your Canto account
- An anti-virus software blocks aspects of the extension or limits communication
- Permission sets within your network block aspects of the extension or limit communication
- Permission sets on your local machine block aspects of the extension or limit communication
A simple test to verify whether or not communication is blocked by your infrastructure is to either set up a personal hotspot with a smartphone or to log in to another network (e. g. the Wi-Fi from home or a public cafe etc.) and try again.
To troubleshoot this issue within your infrastructure, you or your IT department need to unblock the Canto Adobe Connector from your safety measures and/or allow commuication through it.
Depending on your Canto URL, our extension uses one of the following URLs that need to be unblocked on your side:
- https://oauth.canto.com:443 for YourCompanyName.canto.com domains
- https://oauth.canto.global:443 for YourCompanyName.canto.global domains
Since Canto is a cloud-based solution, we do not use a single IP address that could be whitelisted on your end.
The unblocking needs to be based on the above mentioned URL.