Installing Canto Connect
Canto Connect is a desktop application for macOS that allows users to access Canto directly on their desktop.
With the application, you are able to:
- Import complex folder structures. Canto will retain your folder structure so you don’t have to recreate it.
- Import files and embedded file details (copyright information, geo-location data, tags and other metadata).
- Upload branded assets like images, videos, documents, presentations, and more.
To download the desktop app:
1) Navigate to the Mac App Store
2) Click 'Get'
3) Login with your Canto credentials
Using Canto Connect for Upload Links
To use the Canto Connect OS app for Upload Links,
copy and paste the Upload Link URL and leave the username and password fields blank.
Using Canto Connect for Workspaces
For workspaces, copy and paste the URL in the login screen and input your username and password.
Canto Connect - My Collections
If you would like to have your "My Collections" saved to your Mac, you can set up a sync using Canto Connect.
Once you are logged in to Canto Connect on your Mac, please select the settings icon:
Head over to the Settings tab:
Next to 'Canto Sync Folder', select Change and choose the folder on your Mac where you would like to save the assets:
Head to the Status tab:
Ensure My Collections is On, showing orange on the bottom right of the screen:
Open your web browser and log in to your Canto account.
By default, the sync for "My Collections" is deactivated:
Click on the desired collection and activate the sync to your Mac:
Once this has been set up, your "My Collections" will sync to your Mac folder within 24 hours.
Bulk Uploading with the Canto Connect app on macOS