This plugin works with InDesign CC 2019 and CC 2019.
Select the installation package by OS:
macOS specific instructions
For the macOS installer, when opening the .pkg file, this message will pop up:
1) Navigate to System Preferences:
2) Security & Privacy:
3) General Tab:
4) Open Anyway:
1) All Canto users that are supposed to use the Canto InDesign Connector need to the option Adobe Connector enabled.
2) A Canto admin can activate it by going to Settings > Users & Groups > Users:
3) Afterwards, the person working with InDesign needs to open InDesign and go to Window > Extensions and open Canto InDesign Connector:
4) Input your Canto Instance URL (e. g. MyCantoURL.company.com) followed by your Tenant ID (e. g. MyCantoURL), Canto username and Canto password. In the next step, allow access to your Canto account:
How to use
1) Open a web browser and log in to your Canto account.
2) Drag and drop the desired asset from your web browser into InDesign:
3) You can now edit the linked asset in InDesign:
4) Alternatively, you can first draw a frame in InDesign:
5) Next, simply drag and drop an asset from your web browser into the frame within InDesign:
6) You can now edit the linked asset in InDesign within the frame:
Canto InDesign Connector functions:
- Image name. Click to position the image in the document.
- Resolution title. Click to update all to high resolution. (Windows: Ctrl + Click on “Resolution”) (Mac: Cmd + Click on “Resolution”)
- Version title. Click to update all to new file version. (Windows: Ctrl + Click on “Version”) (Mac: Cmd + Click on “Version”)
- Green circle with checkbox means the file added is the latest version.
- Yellow circle with exclamation mark means it has a new version. Click to update.
- Red circle with an X means the file has been deleted from Canto.
- Can click. High-resolution and low-resolution switch each other.
- Click the Canto icon to be directed to your Canto URL on the browser.
- Clear Cache.
- Switch Canto URL.
When sending over an InDesign document (.indd) to another user for editing, at first open, the user will need to click the 'update links' icon to obtain all the Canto assets used in the document.