- How to navigate to the Connector within After Effects
- How to sign in to Canto from within After Effects
- How to use the Adobe Connector
- Functions Breakdown
The Canto Adobe Connector enables you to access your Canto account directly from within Adobe After Effects.
Make sure that you have installed the latest version of our Canto Connector in order to use all the described features.
This is an add-on integration. Please contact your account manager or submit a support ticket for pricing.
Restriction: You need to be signed in using an administrator's account or be granted the respective permission by an admin in order to use these functions.
How to navigate to the Connector within After Effects
Window > Extensions > Canto Connector
How to sign in to Canto from within After Effects
- In Adobe After Effects, navigate to Window > Extensions > Canto Connector.
Select your Canto URL from the pop-up menu and confirm this selection.
The following window will open in your browser (if it does not, you will need to adjust your pop-up settings for that browser).
Type in your Account Name, Email Address and your Password. Confirm by clicking Sign In.
Note: At this point you can also log in with the SSO function (Single Sign-On).
Select the desired environment from the drop-down menu. Confirm this selection and grant access to your Canto account by clicking Allow.
If everything works, you will receive the following confirmation:
You can now close the window and return to Adobe After Effects.
In the next section you will learn how to open the Connector in the application.
How to use the Adobe Connector
Make sure you are signed into Canto (via Window > Extensions > Canto Connector).
How to add an asset to your After Effects project
Note: Files from your Cold Storagecannot be added.
- With the Canto tab open browse through the Folder Tree to look for the asset(s) you would like to add to your project.
- Select the desired folder/album.
- Click on the arrow to hide the folder tree in order to view more files at once.
- Alternatively, you can perform a Global Search by selecting the magnifying glass or filtering your files by keywords, tags, and approval status by clicking on the filter-icon next to the search bar.
- Hover over an asset and click on the circle in the top right-hand corner of the asset to select it.
Tip: You are also able to select multiple files.
- Click Import to add the asset to your current project.
How to switch to a portal/workflow
- Within the Connector, navigate to Configuration > Logout.
- Sign in again and select the environment you would like to be displayed in your Connector.
- Click Allow.
No asset selected
- Hide/display folder tree
- Global search
- Folder tree sorting options
- Refresh folder tree/album content
- File types (all files, images, videos, audio)
- Thumbnail size
Note: Not supported in list view.
- View options
- Folder/album content sorting options
With asset(s) selected
- Import selected asset
- Deselect all assets
- Currently selected asset
- Clickable marker for adding asset to current selection (gets displayed when hovering your curser over an asset)
- Metadata preview
Detailed single asset view
- Previous asset
- Next asset
- Close preview
- Import asset into After Effects
- After you saved your file locally, you may upload it back to Canto as a New Version of the original asset
- Or you may upload the edited asset as a New File in your Canto library
- Browse your computer to locate the file(s) you want to upload into Canto
- Upload the asset into your Canto library
- Shows you your user name
- Launch Canto in your web browser
- Clear cache removes downloaded files from your local drive.
- Configuration is divided into three tabs (see below - General Tab; Tooltip & Preview Page Tab)
- Logout/change your Canto environment (see further information above - How to switch to a portal/workflow)
- See which version of the Canto Connector you are currently using
Here you can set the default resolution for the import.
You may want to assign a different location for your assets' cache. Be sure to follow the instructions prompted and to close and restart the extension for the changes to take effect.
Tooltip and Preview Page & List View Tab
Here, you can select up to eight fields of metadata to display when either hovering over an asset or when previewing the asset.