A Fallback Image should be defined when setting up your Media Delivery Cloud (MDC).
The chosen fallback image will be displayed if the Content ID for a Canto asset within the MDC link is not valid. This might have various reasons:
- there is a typo
- the original image in Canto has been deleted
- the original asset in Canto is set to restricted (note: may apply - optional configuration)
Note: The Fallback Image is delivered with the same operations applied as the requested rendition.
How to set up a Fallback Image
- Choose a Fallback Image from your Canto library.
- You can find an asset's Content ID on its information page under Direct URLs.
- Copy its Content ID.
- Submit a support ticket and provide us with the Content ID. We will take care of the rest.
When attempting to open a MDC link with an invalid Canto Content ID, you will be presented with your fallback image instead.