When the installation of our Canto Connect app ran through without any issues on you Windows machine but the app does not launch afterwards, you might receive the following error message:
Error: Could not find or load main class C:\Program files (x86)\Canto\Canto Connect\advanceduploader.jar
To verify if our solution is worth implementing on your Windows machine, you can do the following quick test first:
- Open the default Windows app Command Prompt
- Copy the following string and paste it into the Command Prompt console:
cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Canto\Canto Connect\java -jar advanceduploader.jar
- Hit Enter on your keyboard and see if our Canto Connect app is opening now.
If the temporary workaround worked, you can implement the proper solution that might require assistance from your IT Administrator however:
- As a Windows user with admin rights, open the default Windows app Registry Editor
- Browse to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT > Applications > java.exe > shell > open > command
- Open the item "(Default)" and update the value as follows:
"C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_xxx\bin\java.exe" -jar "%1"
- The part "jre1.8.0_xxx" needs to be replaced by the Java version installed on your Windows machine. You then basically just need to add a space and the parameter "-jar" to the existing path value.