How to edit a video and save it as a new version
- Open a video file.
- Select the Edit-icon from the toolbar.
- The video player is displayed and to the right of it you will find the options for trimming your video.
- The markers above the timeline symbolize the Start Time (1) and the End Time (2).
Select one of these markers. You can now move this marker using the mouse or click the arrows of the start/end time.
- The corresponding clip length is automatically calculated and displayed below.
- The lower marker (3) shows you the current frame of the video. You can jump to any point of the video by using moving this marker or working with the video player progress bar.
- When you have made the desired cut click on Save as New Version.
- You will then have the option to add a comment to this version.
- The editing may take some time, confirm this with Yes.
- In the email you will find a link that will take you directly to your edited video.
- The edited version will be set as the current version of this video.
Note: You can change the current version on the information page.