- How to Create a New Portal
Restriction: You need to be signed in using an administrators' account in order to use this function.
Have a look at this article if you want to get an overview of all the portal settings. This guide does not cover all the different modifications that you can make to a portal.
User Menu > Settings > Portals
How to create a new portal
Click on New Portal in the upper right corner of your screen.
The site called – New Publishing Portal – gets displayed.
On the Info tab
- Specify a name, description, and URLfor the new portal.
You can also specify an expiration date for your portal if you uncheck Never.
Decide whether this portal should be Public or Private.
- Specify which page the logo is linked to in the header section of a portal (default: the defined landing page of the portal; see below).
If necessary, scroll down to the Portal Header section.
Activate the checkbox and enter the URL of the website to be opened.
- Specify whether downloads are possible (download content), for which user roles, and with which of the following options:
- As Original,
- with the option to Crop & Resize & Compress,
- with Presets (for more information see the article Overview: Download Presets)
- Specify which metadata gets displayed under List View.
On the Content tab
- Specify which folders from your main library should be displayed in the portal.Click Add to select the desired folders.
- Once you added at least one folder/album you can adjust the sorting method for you content. You can choose between Sort Alphabetically, Sort by Date, Sort by Type and Custom Sort (from left to right).
- Your portals are automatically being synced. You can check the latest sync date in the overview (Settings > Portals). Here you can also sync any portal manually.
Note: In older portals you can still find the Auto-Sync button.
- Select the Allow Users to View Restricted Folders & Albums checkbox if want to grant that access right (for more on this, see the article Restricting access to folders and albums).
On the Custom Configuration tab
- Set the appearance of the portal. You can change the appearance of the information page, preview page, and filter area.
- You can move fields around, remove or add them.
On the Custom Branding tab
- Define colors, logo, background and text for the Login Page and About section of your portal. The same principle as described in this article applies.
On the Landing Page tab
- Define the landing page that is assigned to the hyperlink of your portal (this hyperlink is defined on the Info tab). The destination can also be a folder or an album, or a custom built page.
Note: If a custom landing page is created, it is recommended to set an image of 1800 x 1200 pixels. If the Parallax effect is turned on and the portal has many rows of albums, the height of the background image can be more than 1000 pixels. The file size should be less than 1 MB. See Custom Landing Page for detailed information.
On the User Access tab (for private portals only)
- Specify which users are allowed to access the portal.
Note: If you are using SSO login, you can check SSO consumers on User Access. This will give SSO consumers access to the portal without you having to manually add individual users.
On the Group Access tab (for private portals only)
- Specify which groups are allowed to access the portal.
- Click Finish to create the new portal.
Note: To test your portal settings, you can do so as an administrator using the various views: Administrator Views. If it is an open portal, please open a new window or use the incognito or private mode of your browser.