In some cases, you might want to import users from an existing table. We would need a CSV file from you for doing the import in our backend.
Specifications of the CSV file:
- UTF-8 encoded
- Columns separated by commas (,)
- Content exactly match the column names described in Content of the CSV file
Content of the CSV file:
First Name, Last Name*, Group, Email*, Role, Access Main Library, Private Portals, Adobe
* = required fields
- Group: Name of your Canto Groups; multiple Groups: "ITDepartment,Marketing,Sales"; no space in between
- Role: Consumer, Contributor, or Admin
- Access Main Library: Yes or No
- Private Portals: URL name of Portals to be accessed; multiple Portals: "MyPrivatePortal,PrivateSalesPortal"; no space in between
- Adobe: Yes or No
Existing users in Canto will be skipped.
If you don't need any Group or Portals assigned to the users keep the column empty.
Important: All groups and portals - that are referred to in the CSV file - need to be available in Canto before importing users!
Example: users template.csv
Note: You will not be able to bulk add users to grant access to Style Guide and Workspaces.