- How to Edit the Header
- How to Edit the Background
- How to Adjust the Layout and Add Folders/Albums to your Sections
- How to Add a Section Title
- How to Add Folders/Albums or Files to your Landing Page
- How to Adjust the Powered by - Section
Restriction: You need to be signed in using an administrator's account in order to customize a portal's landing page.
User Menu > Settings > Portals > New Portal / Edit Portal > Landing Page > Custom
Within each Portal, you can create a Custom Landing Page.
Note: You can switch to full screen mode for editing your custom landing page.
How to edit the header
You can edit, remove and rearrange or insert new content in the three locations displayed below.
- Under the header you will find the Edit Header button.
In the Header category you can specify the content arrangement options. To do so, open Header Layout.
- Under Custom Style you can change the padding, font size and spacing, and also specify whether the header should be fixed and whether it should be transparent.
- In the Elements category you can edit, remove or change the order of already created elements.
Click the Position drop-down menu.
You can add content to the selected position by clicking Add Element.
Note: You can remove individual icons from the Smart Album element by selecting the edit icon (pencil) and deactivating certain albums.
You can choose Link, Social Media Link, Smart Album (if not already added in other position) and Button from the drop-down menu.
- Confirm by clicking Add.
How to edit the background
- To get started, you will need to go to the settings page of the desired portal and navigate over to the Landing Page tab. Once there, select Custom.
- You can change a portal's background by selecting Edit Background.
- You can find further adjustment options above the preview.Note: The recommended size of the image that should be used for the background is 1800 x 1200 pixels. If Parallax Effect is enabled and the Portal has more rows of albums, the height of the background image can be larger than 1000 pixels.
It is also recommended to keep the image file size below 1 MB and the video file size below 10 MB.
How to adjust the layout and add folders/albums to your sections
You can divide your Portal into multiple sections and assign different layout structures to your folders/albums.
- First click on the + symbol.
- Select a layout option. If you want to change the layout click on the Pencil icon and the menu will open up again. The Trash icon will delete that specific section.
- Clicking on the + icon under each item will allow you to add any album that you have added in the Content tab (How to Add Folders/Albums).
- You can change the cover image for each Folder/Album by clicking on the corresponding Pencil icon. You may also refer to this guideline Add a Thumbnail to a Folder or Album.
Here you can find a list of the dimensions for each layout version.
How to add a section title
Click on Section Title. Here you will see a text editor with a toolbar on top.
Create your title, which can also include hyperlinks.
How to add folders/albums or files to your landing page
- Click on any item in order to assign its content.
- You can choose between Folder/Album and File.
- Confirm your choice with Select.
- Select the content you want to be displayed and click OK.
- PDF files will be displayed as a preview and if clicked on in portal will be opened in a new tab
- Images can be cropped and get displayed as a preview. Set up an URL to which the image should direct when clicked.
- Video files can be trimmed and you can choose if it should direct to an URL or if a preview should be shown.
Note: Video files will auto-play when a mouse cursor is hovering over the thumbnail. Audio is supported in the preview.
- Repeat the process for all your items.
How to adjust the powered by - section
At the bottom of each Portal you will find the Powered by - Section. You can customize the footer with your own text or simple HTML/CSS. To make HTML/CSS customization, contact a web developer if necessary.