The Canto Zapier app allows you to connect popular cloud-based applications to Canto in order to automate repetitive workflows without the need for development.
With Zapier you create a 'Zap' by defining triggers that occur in one application and actions to be performed by another application in response to that trigger.
All applications that are compatible with Zapier can be found HERE.
Setting up a Zappier trigger is explained HERE.
Once you have done that, you need to set up a Zapier action as explained HERE.
A Zap trigger occurs in intervals of 15 minutes or less, depending on your account level in Zapier.
Example Zaps you can set up:
- Migrate new files added to a Canto album automatically to Dropbox, Google Drive, Box.
- Automatically attach a file added to a Canto album in an Asana project.
- Once a project file is approved in Basecamp, upload it to Canto.
- Upload images from Canto to Shopify as new files are placed in an album.
- And many more...
New File in Canto
This checks for new files added to the Canto library and gets the file metadata such as public file link, file name, tags, keywords, custom fields, etc.
New File in Canto Album
This checks for new files added to a specific album and gets the file metadata such as public file link, file name, tags, keywords, custom fields, etc.
Note: To find the id of the album you wish to use, navigate to the album details page in Canto and click on the "copy to clipboard" button
Upload File to Canto
Upload a file to Canto from a third party service by selecting its public file source (URL or file) while appending metadata such as tags, keywords, descriptions, custom fields, etc. and assigning them to one or more albums.
Note: Zapier restricts file upload to a maximum file size of 100 MB.
With this Zap we will set up files automatically added to a Canto album to migrate over to Dropbox.
- Log in to Zapier and create a new Zap by clicking on Make A Zap in the top left.
- Search for Canto and select it.
- In this example, we will check for a New File in Canto Album to take action on.
- Login to your Canto account using the Add a New Account option.
- Then select your environment to log in.
- Navigate to your Canto Main Library and select the desired album. Afterwards, click on the arrow icon at the bottom to open the album's detail page.
- Copy the Album ID to the clipboard by using the icon to the right.
- Paste the Album ID in Zapier and click Continue.
- Make sure there is at least one file in the album and click Test Trigger. If successful, this will return a confirmation message that a file has been found and will list its metadata.
- Now, you need to connect to your Dropbox account.
- During the Customize File step, select the Canto Direct Download URL. This is the public file link third party applications can use to get the original file in Canto.
- Click Test & Continue.
- Now, navigate to the Zapier home screen to turn on the Zap.
- Congraluations, you now have an automatic migration setup from Canto to Dropbox!