Restriction: You need to be signed in using an administrator's account or have the corresponding right (Manage External Connections) in order to sync your Egnyte account with Canto.
User Menu > Settings > Links & Connections > External Connections
How to Sync Egnyte
You can sync your Egnyte folders and migrate your content to Canto.
- Select the Egnyte icon.
- Click Connect. A dialog box will appear for you to enter your Egnyte page address.
- You will be then prompted to a new window titled API Request Authorization. It will instruct the user to finish the authorization on the new page, which should have opened after clicking Connect.
Note: If the page didn’t open, it was blocked by a pop-up blocker in your browser. Either adjust your browser’s pop-up settings or allow the page to open.
- Click Allow Access to accept the integration.
- Click Continue back on Canto’s page.
- Choose the folders and click Allow.
The files will then be viewable in Canto in the Egnyte folder and labeled with the Egnyte logo.Note: When you first sync your status may depict the following:
Once the synchronization is complete, you have the following options:
- You can unlink the Egnyte folder (icon).
- You can synchronize the folder manually (icon )
- You can turn the Auto-Sync function off and on again (icon ).
- If Auto-Sync is enabled, the function will be executed every 24 hours.