- How to open the detail view for folders or albums
- How to change the cover image of an album or folder
- How to follow / share / export / download folders or albums
- How to set access permissions
- How to get information on storage usage
- How to modify and customize metadata for folders and albums
How to open the detail view for folders or albums
- Select a folder or album in the folder and album tree.
- Click the View Detail Information icon in the toolbar below the folder and album tree.
The detail view for the selected album or folder is displayed.
How to change the cover image of an album or folder
Initially, folders do not have a cover image, whereas albums always show the thumbnail of one of the contained files as the title image.
You can set a title image of your choice for both folders and albums.
- Click Edit in the corresponding detail view.
- Select an image from your Main Library, My Selections or upload one from your computer (Local Drive).
- Crop the image to fit and click Submit.
How to follow / share / export / download folders or albums
The toolbar below the thumbnail preview (in the detail view) for the folder or album provides a number of functions.
How to set access permissions
Initially, folders and albums are visible to all Canto users.
You can restrict visibility and specify precisely which users and/or groups have access to a folder or album.
- First, activate the Visible For Admin(s) Only checkbox.
- Then select the Visible to Specific Users checkbox.
- Then select the desired users and/or groups and click Save.
How to get information on storage usage
Under the icon for the folder or album, information about the number of files it contains and the size of the storage space it requires is displayed, among other things.
How to modify and customize metadata for folders and albums
You can add a description and comments to folders and albums, like all other assets in Canto. Albums can also be assigned to categories and you can further classify them with the use of keywords.
Albums show in which folder they are located (In This Folder).