In order for Canto to test network performance issues we have two tests that we would kindly ask you to complete. Once done, we can review the data and send it to AWS for further analysis.
- Open Chrome wherever you typically use Canto from.
- Log into to Canto
- Press F12 key (or 3 dots menu, select More Tools > Developer Tools) and it will open the Developer Tool kit as shown below.
- You will need to provide the value for response header “x-amz-cf-id” from your location.
- The format will look like the following example: "Xy8k6mLit6EW6JseV5kOgxvuMbWKjWoxrKDNsRaUryG6w6v0MjOPBQ==".
- In order to find the “x-amz-cf-id” go to the Network tab in the Developer tools and view the headers on the right-hand side. There you will see the “x-amz-cf-id”. As seen below.
- Copy the “x-amz-cf-id” and send it to Canto.
Please open the following testing tool in Chrome from the your typical work location:
You will then be able to test AWS CloudFront network issues with the following steps.
- In Chrome, press F12 to open the Developer Tools (or 3 dots menu, select More Tools > Developer Tools).
- Enter an email and then click “Test”.
- Once done, in “Developer Tools” go to the “Network” tab, right click any URL and select “Save all as HAR with content”. Then you can save a .har file to your computer.
- Find the .har file, zip it and send it back to Canto for review.