- How to sign in to Canto from within Premiere Pro
- How to use the Adobe Connector
- How to switch to a portal/workflow
- Functions Breakdown
Restriction: You need to be signed in using an administrator's account or be granted the respective permission by an admin in order to use these functions.
The Canto Adobe Connector enables you to access your Canto account directly from within Adobe Premiere Pro.
How to sign in to Canto from within Premiere Pro
- In Premier Pro navigate to Window > Extensions > CantoConnector.
- Enter your Canto URL from the pop-up menu and confirm this selection.
- The following window will open in your browser (if it does not, you will need to adjust your pop-up settings for that browser). Then fill in the fields shown (Account Name, Email Address, Password) and confirm by clicking Sign In.
Note: At this point you can also log in with the SSO function (Single Sign-On).
- Select the desired library from the drop-down menu and confirm this selection and access to your Canto account with Allow.
- If everything works, you will receive the following confirmation:
- You can now close the window and return to Premier Pro.
- In the next section you will learn how to open the Connector in the application.
How to use the Adobe Connector
- Make sure you aresigned in to Canto (via Window > Extensions > Canto Connector).
- Browse through the Folder Tree to look for the assets you want.
- After selecting the required folder, click on the arrow to pull out the window to access all the files within the folder.
- You may also do a Global Search by selecting the magnifying glass and filter your files by keyword, tags, and file status.
- With the tab opened, you are able to hover over an asset to view the file information. To import files to work on, click on the circle in the top right-hand corner of the asset to select it. Click Import. You are also able to select multiple files.
Note: Files inserted from Canto will be downloaded to your local machine in the Documents / Canto folder. If at anytime the connection breaks, you can relink the file form the Canto Connector / Assets tab.
- Within the Connector navigate to Configuration > Logout.
- Sign in again and select the environment you would like to be displayed in your Connector.
- Click Allow.
Detailed Single Asset View
- After you save your file locally, you may upload it back to Canto as a New Version of the original asset
- Or you may upload the edited asset as a new file in your Canto library
- Browse your computer to locate the file you want to upload into Canto
- Upload the asset into your Canto library
In the Configuration settings, you can customize what metadata you see when you hover over assets and in the preview page and choose where your cache folder located.
Tooltip and Preview Page Tab
Here you can select up to 8 fields of metadata to display when either hovering over an asset or when viewing the asset in preview.
Set your desired default resolution.
You may want to assign a different location for your assets' cache. Be sure to follow the instructions prompted and to close the extension and restart the extension for the changes to take effect.