The Canto Adobe Connector enables you to access your Canto account directly from within Adobe Illustrator.
You can use the Adobe Connector only, if an Administrator has granted you the respective permission.
Sign In to Canto from within Illustrator
1) In Illustrator, go to Window > Extensions and open Canto Connector:
2) Input your Canto Account URL (e. g. MyCantoURL.company.com) followed by your Tenant ID (e. g. MyCantoURL), Canto username and Canto password or SSO login credentials. In the next step, allow access to your Canto account:
How to Use
3) Alternately use the Global Search and Filter to find the files you want to use. Click on the arrow to pull out the window to access all the files within the folder:
4) You may also do a Global Search by selecting the magnifying glass and filter your files by keyword, tags, and file status.
5) With the tab opened, you are able to hover over an asset and click on the circle in the top right-hand corner of the asset to select it. You are able to select multiple files. You can select Place as Layers or Add as Files:
6) Note: files inserted from Canto will be downloaded to your local machine in the Documents / Canto folder.
In the Configuration settings, you can customize what metadata you see when you hover over assets and in the preview page and choose where your cache folder located.
To access the Configuration options you can access it in the Configuration Tab.
In the Tooltip and Preview Page tab, you can select up to 8 fields of metadata to display when either hovering over an asset or when viewing the asset in preview
Under the Cache Directory tab, you may assign a different location to have assets cached. Be sure to follow the instructions prompted and to close the extension and restart the extension for the changes to take effect.
Detailed Single Asset View
- Insert selected asset as a layer
- You may select the desired Album in your Canto library
- Browse your computer for the recently updated and saved file
- Upload the asset into your Canto library