- How to navigate to the Connector within Premiere Pro
- How to sign in to Canto from within Photoshop
- How to use the Adobe Connector
- Functions Breakdown
- Video: Use the Adobe Connector with Photoshop
The Canto Adobe Connector enables you to access your Canto account directly from within Adobe Photoshop.
Make sure that you have installed the latest version of our Canto Connector in order to use all the described features.
This is an add-on integration. Please contact your account manager or submit a support ticket for pricing.
Restriction: You need to be signed in using an administrator's account or be granted the respective permission by an admin in order to use these functions.
How to navigate to the Connector within Photoshop
Window > Extensions > Canto Connector
How to sign in to Canto from within Photoshop
- In Photoshop, navigate to Window > Extensions > Canto Connector.
- Select your Canto URL from the pop-up menu and confirm your selection.
- The following window will open in your browser (if it does not, you will need to adjust your pop-up settings for that browser).
Type in your Account Name, Email Address, Password and confirm by clicking Sign In.
Note: At this point you can also log in with the SSO function (Single Sign-On).
- Select your desired environment from the drop-down menu and confirm your selection and access to your Canto account by clicking on Allow.
- If everything works, you will receive the following confirmation:
- You can now close the window and return to Photoshop.
Apple M1 chip users
If you are using a MacBook with a M1 chip, please follow the steps below in order to use the Canto Connector in Photoshop (version 22.3 or later).
- Go into your local Applications folder.
- Open the Adobe Photoshop 2021 folder.
- Right-click Adobe Photoshop 2021 and click on Get Info.
- Check Open using Rosetta.
Note: You can install Rosetta using the Terminal which you can find by pressing Cmd (⌘) + spacebar and typing in "Terminal". Further information can be found here.
- If you have root permission:
- If you don't have root permission:
/usr/sbin/softwareupdate --install-rosetta --agree-to-license
- If you have root permission:
- Launch Photoshop
How to use the Adobe Connector
Make sure you are signed in to Canto (via Window > Extensions > Canto Connector).
How to add an asset to your Photoshop document
Note: Files from your Cold Storage cannot be added.
- With the Canto tab selected you can browse through your Folder Tree to look for the asset(s) you would like to work with.
- Select the desired folder/album.
- Click on the arrow or the Library heading to hide the folder tree in order to view more files at once.
- Alternatively, you can perform a Global Search by selecting the magnifying glass or filtering your files by keywords, tags, and approval status by clicking on the filter-icon next to the search bar.
Note: For performing a search with exact match, please put the file name in quotation marks (" ").
- Hover over an asset and click on the circle in the top right-hand corner of the asset to select it.
Tip: You are able to select multiple files at once.
- Choose between Place as Layers and Add as Files.
Note: When you insert an image that already lives in Canto to a Photoshop document, Canto will automatically create and display the inserted images as related files.
- Within the Connector navigate to Configuration > Logout.
- Sign in again and select the environment you would like to be displayed in your Connector.
- Click Allow.
No asset selected
- Amount of selected items
- Deselect all
- Place asset(s) as layers
- Add asset(s) as files
- Deselect all
Detailed single asset view
- Previous asset
- Next asset
- Close preview
- Import asset into Premiere Pro
- After you save your file locally, you may upload it back to Canto as a New Version of the original asset
- Or you may upload the edited asset as a New File in your Canto library
- Browse your computer to locate the file you want to upload into Canto
- Upload the asset into your Canto library
- Shows you your user name
- Launch Canto in your web browser
- removes downloaded files from your local drive.
- Configuration is divided into three tabs (see below - General Tab; Tooltip & Preview Page Tab)
- How to switch to a portal/workflow
Here you can set the default resolution for the import.
You may want to assign a different location for your assets' cache. Be sure to follow the instructions prompted and to close and restart the extension for the changes to take effect.
Tooltip & Preview Page & List View Tab
Here you can configure which metadata fields you would like to see when hovering over an asset's thumbnail or when previewing the asset.
Here you can configure your filter panel layout. Simply move any field from the available section over to the displayed section by clicking on the plus symbol. In order to remove a field from the displayed section click on the X.
You can arrange the order of your displayed filter options via drag & drop and determine whether a field should be displayed collapsed or expanded by default.