What is it?
Cold Storage is a feature where users can archive and preview files and can bring the assets back out. Users typically store files in Cold Storage if they don’t need the file on a daily basis.
Who can move files into Cold Storage?
Admin-level users would have default access to move assets into Cold Storage. Contributor-level users would be able to use the Cold Storage features by enabling the feature in Privileges in Settings.
3) The following pop-up will appear. Please note the functionality that will be lost once an asset is moved into Cold Storage. The Status will remain the same when an asset is moved to and from Cold Storage. Go ahead and select Proceed.
How Do I Upload Assets Directly Into Cold Storage?
During the upload process of files, a dialog box will appear. Scroll down to the Store In section where you can selecte where the asset is stored. To make sure the option appears in the Metadata Editor go to Settings > Configuration Options > Custom Configuration > Metadata Editor (tab) and add the Store In section.
Who can restore files from Cold Storage?
Admin-level users would have default access to move assets out of Cold Storage. Contributor-level users would be able to use the Cold Storage features by enabling the feature in Privileges in Settings. Consumers can request an asset to be restored by following the steps below:
1) Hover over the asset.
2) Select the snowflake icon on the bottom of the asset.
3) A pop-up will appear and ask if you would like to restore the asset and a link will be sent to you when the restore process is complete. Select, Okay, send me the link.
NOTE: It does take time for assets to be restored from Cold Storage.
Video Guide: How to store and restore files in Cold Storage
Who can view Cold Storage and its files?
Admin, Contributors, and Consumers would be able to view the thumbnail of an asset in Cold Storage.
How do you know if the file is in Cold Storage?
The file will show a snowflake icon on the upper left-hand corner of the thumbnail.
How to find your Cold Storage files?
1) Go to the top right-hand corner and select the Filter icon.
2) Select the Storage dropdown menu
3) Select Cold Storage and Canto will bring up all your files in Cold Storage