After installing our Canto Adobe Connector you might experience connection issues.
This is how it's supposed to look like after installing the Canto Adobe Connector:
Instead, the extension window might appear blank:
Or the extension window might fail to load:
To solve this, simply delete the canto folder in the below directory:
The connection issue might also be caused by at least one of the following safety measures within your infrastructure:
- A proxy server prevents communication between the extension and your Canto account
- A firewall prevents communication between the extension and your Canto account
- An anti-virus software blocks aspects of the extension or limits communication
- Permission sets within your network block aspects of the extension or limit communication
- Permission sets on your local machine block aspects of the extension or limit communication
A simple test to verify whether or not communication is blocked by your infrastructure is to either set up a personal hotspot with a smartphone or to log in to another network (e. g. the Wi-Fi from home or a public cafe etc.) and try again.
To troubleshoot this issue within your infrastructure, you or your IT department need to unblock the Canto Adobe Connector from your safety measures and/or allow commuication through it.
Depending on your Canto URL, our extension uses one of the following URLs that need to be unblocked on your side:
- https://oauth.canto.com:443 for YourCompanyName.canto.com domains
- https://oauth.canto.global:443 for YourCompanyName.canto.global domains
Since Canto is a cloud-based solution, we do not use a single IP address that could be whitelisted on your end.
The unblocking needs to be based on the above mentioned URL.