- How to enable the asset request function for a portal
- How to request assets as a consumer/public user
Restriction: You need to be signed in using an administrator's account in order to enable this setting.
When looking to exercise more control over the assets you're sharing, the Asset Request feature gives the ability to distribute watermarked and/or low-res content but forces the consumer/public user to place a request for the original file before downloading the file from a portal.
User Menu > Settings > Portals > New Portal / Edit Port > Info > Asset Request
How to enable the asset request function for a portal
- Enable the Asset Request setting when creating a new portal or when editing a previously created portal.
Note: Be sure to disable downloads or add a watermark to the assets within the portal to prevent direct downloading of the original files.
- Set the Content Download Options for approved asset requests.
- Click Save.
If you would like to customize the Asset Request form shown to visitors, please click here.
How to request assets as a consumer/public user
If the administrator has enabled the asset request for a portal, consumers/public users can not download assets directly, but must first submit an asset request.
Public portals or private portals that you have been added to
You either have a Canto account that has been granted access or the portal is set to public and thus can be accessed without logging in.
- Select assets from the portal link you were provided with.
- Click the Asset Request icon to request to download the selected assets.
- An Asset Request Form will be displayed.
- Fill out the request form with the necessary details. A user may select the top right corner to adjust their language preference.
- The Admin/Approvers will receive an email in order to review the issued request. As soon as the process is approved by the admin you will receive an e-mail which will include a download link for the requested original assets.
Private portals that you have not been added to
You either don't have a Canto account or have not been add to the access list.
- Click on Access Request.
- Fill out the request form and click Submit.
- As soon as your request has been approved you will receive an e-mail. Open the link and set up your password.
- You can now log in and access the portal.
- Follow the steps above to issue an Asset Request.