To make Canto more secure, we offer two-factor authentication (2FA).
Note: Please be sure to reach out to your account manager first to have the feature applied to your Canto library.
You enable it by going to Settings > Users & Groups > Password Policy.
1) Select the checkbox Two-factor authentication:
2) Afterwards, you can set how many IP addresses to remember before asking for a two-factor authentication.
In the above example, our system will remember two different IP addresses from where you log in to Canto. This could be your office computer and your laptop at home, for instance.
3) When attempting to log in from a third IP address, for example a smartphone or your laptop from within another network, Canto asks you for a verification code:
4) This code will be sent to your email address.
5) Simply copy the 6 digit code and paste it into the login screen in your browser to gain access to your Canto account.
Note: Since only two IP addresses will be remembered at any given time in our example, the oldest one will be overwritten with the latest one.