- How to Create a New Style Guide
- How to Add Folders/Albums or Files to your Style Guide
- Video: Style Guides
Restriction: You need to be signed in using an administrator's account in order to create a new style guide.
Settings > Style Guides > New Style Guide
Canto supports the creation and management of Style Guides. Create public or private style guides to showcase your brand’s Colors, Typography, Imagery and Copy – part of your corporate identity.
Note: Files must be set to Approved (Status) to be visible in a Style Guide.
You do not have to create the entire Style Guide in one go. You will have the option to save "drafts" - having only provided the required basic information (name, description and URL) and clicked on Finish. You can come back at any given time to complete the process by clicking on the corresponding edit-icon.
Note: Once you clicked Finish the Style Guide is created, even if you click on Cancel in the next window.
How to Create a New Style Guide
- Click on New Style Guide.
- The page New Style Guide gets displayed. Here you will find seven tabs.
- The Info tab will allow you to customize features such as the name, access, download options and layout settings for your style guide. Scroll down to provide detailed information and set preferences such as download options, if the style guide should be set to private or public, etc.
- On the Content tab, specify which folders and albums from the main library you want to add to your style guide.
- The Custom Configuration tab is divided into four sections where you can adjust the display/layout to your liking.
- The Style Setup tab is where you can add content to your style guide. The sections automatically provided can be adjusted using the edit button. New sections can be created using the Add button at the bottom of the page. You can readjust the order by using the arrows and delete each section by clicking the trash bin.
For a quick adjustment of any HEX colors you can click on any of the RGB or CMYK values to change them individually.
Note: The label item will be replaced with the Folder/Album Description and not the Title. You can recreate this caption or replace it.
- The Custom Branding tab allows you to add a custom background, logo, and colors to your style guide page.
- The User Access and Group Access tabs allow you to choose which users and groups have access to your Canto style guide. Select the Add button in the top right corner of the page. Select the arrow next to the User(s) or Group(s) you want to give access to, and then select OK.
- When you are finished creating your style guide, select the Finish button and your style guide will be created. You can find this button no matter on which tab you are.
How to Add Folders/Albums or Files to your Style Guide
- Within your Style Guide navigate to Style Setup.
- Click on any item under an Imagery section in order to assign its content.
- You can choose between Folder/Album and File.
- Confirm your choice with Select.
- Select the content you want to be displayed and click OK.
- PDF files will be displayed as a preview and if clicked on in portal will be opened in a new tab.
- Images can be cropped and get displayed as a preview. Set up an URL to which the image should direct when clicked.
- Video files can be trimmed and you can choose if it should direct to an URL or if a preview should be shown.
Note: Video files will auto-play when a mouse cursor is hovering over the thumbnail. Audio is supported in the preview.
- Repeat the process for all your items.