- How to enable Download-Presets
- Video: How to download presets to save time exporting
Restriction: You need to be signed in using an administrator's account in order to enable download-presets.
User Menu > Settings > Configuration Options > Download Presets
Download Presets are an Advanced Download Option for images. When enabled, users can select a Download Preset to download an image in a fixed ratio size. They're helpful for downloading images with the standard ratios used for social media sites and advertisements.
When they're enabled, users can have the option to download with the fixed ratio size, or only be able to download with the fixed ration size.
How to enable Download-Presets
- Click on New Download Preset the status will be set to Active by default.
Note: If you edit an existing preset make sure that the Active field is checked.
- Name your Preset and designate the width (in pixel) and height (in pixel) that you want your file to be downloaded in.
- Select the Maintain Aspect Ratio lock icon to enable the fixed ratio.
Once the Preset has been created, they will reflect as an option when you download an image.
Note: Administrators can allow Contributors OR Consumers OR both to download the original file OR crop & resize OR use a preset.
Specifiable Settings for Download Templates:
- Where the template is available: in the main library, in your portals, or both.
- The size of the downloaded image.
Select Resize and specify the desired size in pixels (width x height):
- When the lock icon is closed, the width or height value is calculated according to the aspect ratio of the original. The image will keep its proportions.
- When the lock icon is open, the width and height values are applied as specified. The image may be distorted in the process!
Click on the lock icon to toggle between the states (open/closed).
- The aspect ratio of the downloaded image.
Select Crop and specify the desired aspect ratio (e.g. 1:1, 3.4, 16:9, ...) under Scale. When downloading, you can then set the exact size and position of the crop on the preview of the original.
Note: Cropping can not be done in bulk even if you select a download preset that has the action crop activated. Cropping can be handled through a single download.