- How to apply filters to your search
- Filter options
- No Value filter
- How to enable dynamic filters
- Video: Tips to help you filter assets to find files in Canto
Filters will help add specificity to your search results.
How to apply filters to your search
- Click the filter icon in the upper-right corner.
- The filter menu is displayed on the right side. The available filters are arranged in different groups that can be expanded and collapsed with the triangle icon.
- Click on a filter to apply it. You can combine as many filters as you like. For each filter group you can define via the
...–menu whether the selected filters are linked with AND or with OR.
- With another click you switch off a filter again. Click on Clear for a group to switch off all set filters of this group at once. To switch off all set filters in general, click Clear All.
- Keywords - Filter by selected keywords
- Tags - Filter by selected tags
- Status - Filter by approval status
- Storage - Filter by assets contained in Regular ('Hot') Storage or Cold Storage
- Content Type - Filter by Smart Album, pixel dimensions, resolution, layout orientation, media duration, and page length
- Images - Filter by width x height, orientation, watermark
- Videos - Filter by the length of the video
- People - Filter by users who uploaded the files
- FileSize - Filter by file size
- Date Uploaded - Filter by the date the file was uploaded
- Date Created - Filter by the date the file was created
- Date Modified - Filter by the date the file was modified
- Video Captions - Filter by subtitle language
For ways on how to customize your Filer Panel, see the following guides:
No Value filter
For Custom Fields with open text, single or multiple choice, a user may search for assets that do not have the field filled out or left blank by selecting the (No Value) option.
How to enable dynamic filters
You can change your filter panel logic to only see relevant metadata values in the filter panel.
This feature can be enabled under Settings > Configuration Options > Defaults > Search & Filter Panel.
Once enabled, the displayed metadata in the filter panel will dynamically update and display metadata based on the content you see.
For example: If you filter for the keyword Sand you will only see Tags, Smart Tags etc. that are added to assets with the keyword Sand.