If Digital Rights Management is enabled and at least one watermarked image is uploaded, you can watermark your assets.
You can set different watermarks for different portals.
You can watermark individual files or multiple files at once.
Note: For videos, only PNG files can be used as watermarks.
How to Apply a Watermark to an Asset
- Open the asset's Information Page.
- Scroll to the Digital Rights Management section.
- Select the watermark you want to use from the drop-down list in the Watermark field.
Once you have selected a watermark, the For (Image Location) field is displayed.Possible locations are the main library and any portals you have created.
Note: All available portals are listed, regardless of whether they currently contain the asset. If the asset is added to the selected portal later, it is still watermarked.
- Select a location from the drop-down list and click Add.
The selected combination of watermark and location is displayed.
- Define additional watermark location combinations, if necessary.
You can use one watermark for multiple locations. However, it may be useful to use different watermarks for different locations (e.g. different portals).
Note: If Auto-Sync is enabled for a portal, a defined watermark is applied immediately. If Auto-Sync is not enabled, you must first synchronize the portal before the watermark is applied.
Click the x-icon to remove a watermark from an asset.
How to Add Watermarks in Bulk
- Select the files you want to watermark.
- Click the Edit Metadata icon in the tool list.
The Edit Content dialog is displayed.
- If necessary, scroll down to the Digital Rights Management section.
Continue as described above under points 3 - 5.
- Watermarks are only visible to Consumers and anonymous visitors of a public portal. Futhermore, a watermark only shows on the preview screen of an image and when downloading it.
- See the following guide on how to view what Consumer-level users are seeing - Admin Views
- Watermarks will not appear for videos via mobile iOS & landscape view on your mobile device or in Detailed View