Restriction: You need to be signed in using an administrator's account in order to use the Terms & Conditions feature.
Settings > Configuration Options > Digital Rights Management > Terms & Conditions
With the Digital Rights Management option on, users can add optional Terms & Conditions to their files. This requires Consumer-level users to agree to those terms & conditions before downloading a file.
Make sure you have set the checkmark for the Digital Rights Management settings to appear.
How to Create new Terms & Conditions
- Check Manage your files copyright information, add terms and conditions for use and watermark restrictions.
- Now you will see two tabs, choose Terms & Conditions.
- Type in a Name, Description and your Terms & Conditions Text.
Note: You can create multiple entries for different application purposes.
- Click on Add.
The newly created entry will show up in the list below.
How to Set Terms & Conditions for an Asset
- Once you have created your first Terms & Conditions, go to an asset's Information Page.
- Under the Digital Rights Management section, find Terms & Conditions.
- Click in the input field.
Select the appropriate Terms & Conditions from the drop-down menu.
Note: If a file already contains IPTC Usage Terms metadata, it will be automatically read and stored as a Canto Terms & Conditions field.
How it's Displayed
Consumer users will see a Terms & Conditions agreement in the download window for the file. They cannot download the file until they click the box to agree to the terms & conditions.
Note: See the following guide on how to view what Consumer-level users are seeing - Admin Views
The hyperlinked terms & conditions will open a new window with the entered text. This text can be your own custom terms & conditions.