- How to create new Terms & Conditions
- How to set Terms & Conditions for an Asset
- How it's displayed
- How to enable Terms & Conditions in portals
With the Digital Rights Management (DRM) option enabled, users can add optional Terms & Conditions to their files. This requires Consumer-level users to agree to those terms & conditions before downloading a file.
Make sure you have set the checkmark for the Digital Rights Management settings to appear.
Note: If an asset has terms and conditions turned on and is published via a public portal, guest users are required to agree to these terms prior to downloading.
Requirement: You need to be signed in using an administrator's account in order to use the Terms & Conditions feature.
User Menu > Settings > Configuration Options > Digital Rights Management > Terms & Conditions
How to create new Terms & Conditions
- Check Manage your files copyright information.
- Now you will see two tabs, choose Terms & Conditions.
- Type in a Name, Description and your Terms & Conditions text.
Note: You can create multiple entries for different application purposes.
- Click on Add.
The newly created entry will show up in the list below. Here you can edit (pen icon) or delete (trash icon) entries.
How to set Terms & Conditions for an Asset
- Once you have created your first Terms & Conditions entry, go to an asset's Information Page/Preview page.
Learn how to add the field to the respective views.
- Under the Digital Rights Management section, find Terms & Conditions.
- Click in the input field.
The names of all created Terms & Conditions are displayed and can be selected.
- Select the appropriate Terms & Conditions from the drop-down menu.
Note: If a file already contains IPTC Usage Terms metadata, it will be automatically read and stored as a Canto Terms & Conditions field.
How it's displayed
Consumer users will see a Terms & Conditions agreement in the download window for the file. They cannot download the file until they click the box to agree to the terms & conditions.
- Check the I agree to the terms & conditions checkbox to accept the terms.
- Click on Continue and the download will begin.
Note: See the following guide on how to view what Consumer-level users are seeing - Admin Views
How to enable Terms & Conditions in portals
- On your portal's Info tab choose whether you want to Enable for All Asset or Enable on an Asset Level.
Note: When on an asset level is activated your terms & conditions are determinedby the approval status of the idividuall asset (in the asset's metadata).
- Choose whether your terms & conditions should apply to all assets or if they should be dictaded by the terms & conditions assigned to the individual asset.