- How to migrate files from Dropbox
- Duplicate Check when importing from Dropbox
- Video: How to upload from Dropbox in Canto
Restriction: You must be logged in as an admin or contributor with the Manage External Connections right to sync your Dropbox account with Canto and migrate files from Dropbox folders to Canto.
Your Dropbox folder structure does not need to match your Canto folder structure.
When working with the Canto Dropbox integration, Canto creates a new main folder in your account. This folder will then contain however many sub-folders and assets your Dropbox account has when initiating the connection.
User Menu > Settings > Links & Connections > External Connections
How to migrate files from Dropbox
Note: Dropbox team folders are not supported by the Canto Dropbox integration.
- Navigate to Settings, and then select the Links & Connections tab, followed by the External Connections sub-tab. Select the Dropbox icon.
- Click Connect.
- You will be then prompted to a new window titled API Request Authorization. It will instruct the user to finish the authorization on the new page, which should have opened after clicking Connect.
Note: If the page didn’t open, it was blocked by a pop-up blocker in your browser. Either adjust your browser’s pop-up settings or allow the page to open.
- Click Allow to accept the integration.
- Click Continue back on Canto’s page.
- Choose the folders and click Allow.
The files will then be viewable in Canto in the Dropbox folder and labeled with the Dropbox logo.
Note: When you first sync your status may depict the following:
Once the sync is complete the following options will appear where you can unlink the folder and manually sync the folder. Also, you will be able to toggle the Auto-Sync feature. Auto-sync takes place on a 24-hour basis.
- When you delete assets from a synched folder on your local drive, they will not be deleted from your Canto library.
- When you create a new folder that is within an already synched folder it will get synched too.
- When you delete an asset from a synched folder within Canto it will not get reimported by auto-sync.
Duplicate Check when importing from Dropbox
You can choose between different options on how duplicates should be handled that are imported from Dropbox.
- Go to Settings > Configuration Options > Duplicate Check.
- If you enabled the duplicate check you can specify whether you want duplicates to be added as a new version, added as a new file or prefer them to be not imported.
- Click Save.