How to download single files
- Files can be downloaded by clicking on the download-icon in the thumbnail. You can also find this icon in the preview view above the asset.
- You will see a dialog where you can choose between different download functions.
- If you do not require any of the download options and want to download the original, hold down CMD (on your Mac) or CTRL (on Windows devices) and then click on the download icon.
How to download multiple files
- To download multiple files, select the files you wish to download by clicking the check mark in their thumbnails.
- Once you have selected a file, a series of function icons will appear in the upper right corner instead of the display options.
After selecting the files, click the download icon in the upper right corner.
- Canto combines all files marked for download into a ZIP-archive.
You will have to enter a name for the ZIP-file.
Note: Depending on the selected files, you may be able to specify the download, e.g. in this dialog:
- Make your choice. Then click Apply.
- Depending on the browser you are using, you may need to allow pop-up windows to be displayed or approve the download.
How to allow pop-ups in your web browser
Allow your web browser to open pop-up windows from Canto.
Note: Browser settings may vary depending on the version you are working with.
- Google Chrome: You will see a pop-up icon appear on the right end of your address bar and select always allow.
- MozillaFirefox: You will see a yellow preference bar under your address bar, here you select allow.
- Safari: Click on Safari > Preferences > Websites > Pop-up Windows > Allow
- For all other web browsers, you will have to undergo a similar process to allow files to be downloaded.
Note: Bulk Download
When selecting 50 or more files or when the total download size exceeds 1 GB, the ZIP file is not downloaded automatically. Instead, you will receive an email containing a download link for the ZIP file.