How to use the basic search function
In your Canto library and in portals you will always find the search bar in the upper-right corner.
- Click in the search field and enter any search term(s) (maximum 80 characters).
- Click the magnifying glass icon or press Enter.
The search will be executed. The search result - all assets that were found - are displayed.
- A normal search will be a global search; anything in the files that is related to your search term will be displayed. This can be titles, tags, keywords, Product IDs, dimensions, dates, folders, albums, etc.
- When using the search bar the 10 past searches will appear as suggested searches. You can use your mouse to hover over the options or use your up/down arrow keys.
- Note: In the User Profile settings you can turn off recent search terms. For more information on User Profile settings see the following guide here.
Note: Search terms that consist of multiple capitalized letters are split into multiple terms. For example if you search for "AppleWatch" the search will display all entries that include either "apple" or "watch". Another example is "mAP" which would be split into "m" and "AP" whereas "MAP", "Map" and "map" will all show the same results.
For the Advanced Search settings a guide can be found here.